For projects that require:
- NCSU’s on-demand computing services
- Computer reservation as a service
- Image creation and deployment
- Guaranteed system environment
- Use of any of the many images that are already available (SAS, Matlab etc.)
The Virtual Computing Lab allows data scientists to deploy numerous images of data science software on virtual machines. Reservations can be made to access Windows or Linux machines for running software. The virtual machines give guarantees about the system environment and facilitate increased productivity by simplifying the user’s workflow.
For a comprehensive overview of the VCL environment please visit vcl.ncsu.edu